Monday, March 3, 2008

How Networking Changed My Life ....


picture from www.mysocialnetwork.net



"It's not what you know, it's who you know"

I like this saying very much. Looking back at major events in my life, I can't see any great thing that happened to me happening without knowing someone or being connected in a way or another to someone who helped me climb to a higher level of my life.

The way I got into college; It was the first year our embassy had cultural exchange seats in Kuwait University. I was planning on going home for college, until my dad's friend who works as an administrator in the embassy told my dad they have scholarships in Kuwait University.

The way I got to AU; It was my dear professors who recommended me to this scholarship. I salute these people from the bottom of my heart; these people without whom, I wouldn't be writing this blog post right now.

The way I'm spending my time in the summer break in Virginia; It's because of miss Dorothy; my mentor in KU who is an instructor in The Monroe Institute (a stress management and brainwave technology institute in Virginia). She suggested that I apply for their student scholarship, and I did. Thank you, miss Dorothy. Thank you very much.

I think all the luck I have and all the blessings in my life is totally because of the great people who surround me (physically or even virtually). I could go on for ever, but I think the point is clear.

My warmest gratitude to every person who entered my life. I love you all ...

1 comment:

Brian said...

It's good to see that networking has guided you on a very different path then you would have been on if it wasn't for the people you knew.